Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I feel the monkeymind spinning out of control lately; work, personal errands, don't forget this and remember to do that.  I know my mind is moving waaay too fast when I start running words together while I'm typing.  (and on the subject of typing, does anyone else dyslexically swap k for d or i for e when typing fast?)  Not to mention when I wander off the topic with parenthetical sentences!  Luckily (but with a small amount of trepidation) we're off to Big Bend National Park in the great state of Texas to meet my folks and my sister and brother in law for a few days of hiking and checking out somewhere I've never been.  Really looking forward to the road trip thru Arizona, New Mexico and West Texas and I'll be borrowing a nice Canon still setup from my friend Scott that, I'm hoping, will rekindle my love of taking pictures (a hobby I haven't messed with since digital took over).  I'll also be carrying a nice field recording rig (zeppelin, Sennheiser MKH8040, Sound Devices MixPre, Olympus LS10) and am planning on grabbing a bunch of sfx on the trip.  So here's hoping for a nice, relaxing trip and a return to a couple of new games to work on!

1 comment:

Gregg Stokes said...

OK Monkey Mind, I'm a fan of blogging...I've been keeping my blog since 2002 (?)...sometimes my monkey mind has to write just to get it out of my veins...keep it up. Now about your photography, keep that up...I joined the flickr 365 group this year...a photo a day for 365...tough but fun...